Can’t sleep at night? Take a spoonful of honey before bed and in no time, you will have your good night’s sleep. More than getting you into a deep sleep each night, honey likewise heals the liver and various cells in the body.
These are just a few of the many ways to use honey as a natural remedy for almost anything. Want to know its a dozen and more uses? Read on.
- For anxiety attacks, have a refreshing cup of orange juice. Mix it with one teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder. Drink twice daily.
- For asthma, consume a mixture of one teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon pippali, and 1/2 teaspoon bay leaf powder two or three times daily.
- To relieve oneself of the common cold, take a mixture of honey with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Do that two or three times a day the same way you take any cough medicine.
- As a DIY skin treatment, use raw honey as a mask and wash off after half an hour.
- You can also use honey to exfoliate and even combat dry skin. Mix honey with baking soda and rub onto face and body.
- For acne cure, warm 1/2 teaspoon of honey between palms and spread on face. Leave on for about 10 minutes. Do not forget to rinse well with warm water and pat dry.
- For indigestion, combine an equal amount of lemon juice and honey. Slowly consume the mixture twice a day. Or you may opt for cinnamon and honey tea drink. Prepare a tea by combining one teaspoon of honey, two teaspoons of cinnamon powder and a cup of boiling water.
- To stop hiccups, you need a mixture of one teaspoon each of honey and castor oil. Lick with a finger and repeat every 10 minutes until the hiccups cease.
- To slowly drop craving for nicotine, snack on small slices of pineapple. Do not forget to drizzle the pineapple with 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- To heal a wound, simply dress it daily with sterilized gauze. Brush the gauze with honey. Do not forget to dispose before bedtime. Honey applied topically quickens the healing time of any abrasion, burn, and rashes.
- To clear the sinus, mix one teaspoon each of fresh ginger juice and honey. Take that twice or thrice a day.
- To relieve a sore throat, drink a warm cup of water mixed with honey and lemon. Honey kills the bacteria that causes the infection. It also soothes the throat and reduces, if not totally treats, the painful symptoms.
- For stomach ache, combine one teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf, and 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds. Take the mixture daily before lunch and dinner time.
- For UTI or urinary tract infection, drink a glass of lukewarm water with one teaspoon honey and two tablespoons of cinnamon powder. This mixture will kill the bacteria in the bladder.
- For weight loss, drink a cup of hot water with a teaspoon of honey and at least five drops of apple cider vinegar in the morning. Do this daily until you feel the right weight for you. Another popular recipe is mixing honey, cinnamon, and warm water. Drink one cup of warm water mixed with one tablespoon each of cinnamon powder and honey. Consume everything on an empty stomach. This recipe also works for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
The wonderful uses of honey
Honey is considered the “nectar of life.” As National Honey Board describes it, “honey starts as flower nectar collected by bees. It is broken into simple sugars stored inside the honeycomb.” The movement of the bees’ wings and the design of the honeycomb cause evaporation and create the sweet honey.
The honey’s purest form has all the nutritional value thus can heal and remedy illnesses. It is rich in amino acids, carbohydrates, enzymes, and minerals. Honey, as a general rule, shouldn’t be cooked or heated. Instead, add its most natural form to warm drinks, toast or yogurt among other food. Though suggested remedies here are not scientifically proven, these are common practices that give positive results to many. We hope honey brings wellness and cure to you as well.