Dressing-up to suit the occasion is the next thing that you should learn after knowing how to choose an appropriate apparel to suit your figure. The way you dress-up speaks so much of your personality. Whether you like it or not, you are being judged by others based on what you wear. You may think that everyone deserves the right to his opinion. If it doesn’t affect you at all, think about it. Impressions of people last even for a lifetime and may affect you in so many ways. As the late American actress Loretta Young said, “Wearing the correct dress for any occasion is a matter of good manners.”
-First and foremost, know your body type and the apparel that suits you. If you are a kind of person who perspires a lot, include many cotton and other natural fiber garments in your wardrobe. To differentiate pure cotton fabric from non-pure cotton or cotton blend, test it by crumpling it. The former wrinkles easily than the latter.
– Light colored cotton clothes especially white are the best apparel for summer to keep your body cool. White reflects the sun’s rays and cotton lets your skin breathe. Avoid wearing dark colored clothes especially black because they absorb the sun’s rays keeping your body warm that causes you to sweat a lot.
– Natural fibers like cotton and wool allow your body perspiration to evaporate easily and don’t make you chill and feel damp that’s why they keep you warmer in colder days compared to synthetics.
– Do you know that one third of your body heat can escape through your head? During cold and windy days always wear a bonnet, hat, or scarf. Wearing any of them can keep you warm.
– Make it a point to wear happy or neutral colors in a wedding. If it’s inevitable that you wear black, you may include any color in your outfit to balance it.
– When you are invited on an event with a particular dress code indicated, always follow it strictly to avoid being over or underdressed.
– Dressing and accessorizing conservatively for a job interview are one the most appropriate things to do. The employer will focus more on your qualifications and not on your fashion sense. A watch is needed for men and women to track time. Small pieces of gold, silver, or pearl accessories for women are highly recommended.
– Your shoe color must be darker or same shade as your trousers or skirt to form an illusion of continuity.
– For men wearing formal or office attire, your sock color should be the same color as your trousers. The length of your socks should not show your legs while you are sitting down.
– Women must wear neutral stockings while wearing bright colored shoes or slippers to let the focus be on the shoes and not on their legs.
– Even if you are only required to wear smart casual clothes in your office, make sure to keep a scarf, coat, or tie in your office locker at all times in case of an unexpected lunch or dinner invitation.
– To save time, choose your outfit for the next day at least the night before to avoid cramming. Place them in front of your closet for easy access. Finding time to organize an all-purpose outfit complete with accessories can save you in case of emergency for busy mornings.
– Before packing for a trip, try and check your apparel. The day of special occasion or business meeting is not the time for you to fix or look for something.
– Always wear tidy shoes and clean wrinkle-free clothes at all times.
Wearing the right apparel on the right occasion can surely boost your self-worth and confidence! Always go for it!