A few weeks ago, we were lucky enough to be part of Star Cruises 6 days 5 nights tour. SS Virgo took us around Laoag, Kaohsiung, and Hong Kong which let us see the following cities in a different light. This was care of Eye Society who had an ongoing promo where for every minimum purchase worth Php10,000, you get the chance to go on an Asian Cruise.
Now you may think that everything was great but there are some important things you need to be aware of when you go on a cruise.
- Bring medicines. Yes, there are first aid kit on the ship but every single one costs an arm and a leg. If you are not prepared to buy paracetamol in Hong Kong dollars, better bring your own.
- On this note, there is no need to bring your own toiletries or towels. The ship is like a hotel. You can request for new ones. Do bring a sanitary napkin though, It costs a lot to buy one on the ship.
- Know your ship locations. FWD, deck, MID, are some of the things you would normally hear in the almost one week you will be on the ship. Unless you enjoy going around trying to look for a specific spot, know these terms.
- There are several restaurants on the ship. However, not all are part of the fee you paid for. Research and find out if the ones you like or need are part of the package you got. If not, be prepared to pay.
- Know the name of the contact person for every city you will dock on. This is to ensure that you can contact the ship in case of any delays or problems. It will make things so much easier for you.
- Find out the schedule of activities to maximize your time if this is what you are after. If you prefer quiet and solitude, the ship also has a spa and a library. The deck is also a good option since most people tend to stay in their rooms.
Whatever you choose, Star Cruises has something for you. We’re excited to find out who won the Asian Cruise from Eye Society and we hope that this list helps them out.