Shangri-La Finest Chinese Cuisine restaurant recently launched its Pre-Chinese New Year Feast last January 27, 2018.
The restaurant boasts of a proud history. It is so popular among families that even the next generation would patronize it too. They are also proud to have served food for Saint Pope John Paul II during his visit to the Philippines during World Youth Day in 1995; that alone is a testament to the reputation of Shangri-La.
Guests were treated to not one, but two set menus for a total of 18 dishes! It started off with the serving of “Yee Sang” salad. According to Manny Garcia, Assistant Manager of Shangri-La, there is a custom that comes with serving the salad. Diners need to toss it as high as they can. The higher the tossing, the prosperous the year will be for them.
Each of the food served came in two sets. The following food was served:
- Dimsum set consisting of Sharksfin Dumpling, Kutchay (vegetable) Dumpling, Century Egg Siomai and Pork Siomai
- Fishlips with Shredded Chicken and Bamboo Pith Soup
- Chinese Style Beef Loin (with Onions)
- Fried Garlic Chicken
- Steaming King Fish with Taoso and Soy Sauce
- Misua Guisado (Long Life Noodles)
- Yang Chow Fried Rice
- Assorted Cold Cuts including Century Egg
- Shredded Spinach with Assorted Seafood Soup
- Shelled Shrimps with Ham and Pepper
- Pork Spareribs in XO Sauce
- Grilled Noodles with 8 Treasures
- Steamed Lapu-Lapu in Soy Sauce
- Lotus Pie
- Hot Taro Cream with Glutinous Balls
- Sweet and Sour Pork (highly recommended)
- Almond Jelly with Lychees
Every dish has a luxuriant taste, something that is typical in Chinese cuisine. The Sweet and Sour Pork is crunchy, making you think you are eating chicken skin. It is guaranteed to be filling and make everyone go home happy.
In addition, there is the famous Peking Duck served in between menu sets. The cooks of Shangri-La demonstrated how to cut and serve it in pancakes. Chicken prepared in the same way was also made available to the more health-conscious diners considering duck meat has more fat.
You can expect this to be served again when the actual Chinese New Year celebrations take place on February 16.
Shangri-La Finest Chinese Cuisine is located at #4 Times St., West Triangle, Quezon City (near Kowloon House). They have a website at www.shangrilafinestcuisine.com.
Tel. No. (02) 373-9888. You can follow them on Facebook and Twitter at shangirlafinestcuisine.
Featured Image Source: Shangri-La Finest Cuisine