Losing weight is a matter of subtracting your food intake. Each pound of your body is worth 3,500 calories which means that for you to lose one pound, you have to cut 3,500 calories on your diet. It is also a must to make exercise part of your lifestyle. However, don’t expect to lose weight through unplanned and unorganized exercise and diet regimen alone. You must be sensible in deciding which routines to do or follow. Dieting can help you lose weight while exercising can increase your metabolism that burns fat, makes the different parts of your body in tip-top shape, and maintains firm and healthy muscles.
For weight watchers, the following tips might help you to lose those excess pounds.
– Remember that health clubs, body massages, saunas, vibrating machines, steam baths, fat burning soaps, most probably won’t help you lose fat despite the advertisers’ claims.
– Always make it a habit to check the nutrition information of all packaged food products and compare them with their competitors. Opt for the ones with the lowest calories and fat count.
– If your habit is to eat while working, stop the habit. If you feel hungry, drink water. Water makes you feel full, cuts down craving, improves digestion, and helps eliminate excess water that is retained inside your body due to eating too much salty food.
– Limit yourself from drinking coffee and other caffeinated beverages. Caffeine slows down burning of carbohydrates making it stored as lipids in your body which makes fat accumulate in areas such as tummy, arms, and thighs.
– Drinking alcohol adds up to your calorie intake. Some people lose weight by simply eliminating alcohol from their diet.
– Please don’t be tempted to eat leftovers to help meal clean-up.
– Record everything you eat to see if you are staying or straying on your diet. By doing this, it’s easier for you to achieve your goals for losing weight.
– Eating more servings or less makes you feel truly satisfied and full after 20 minutes. If you are tempted to get a second serving, tell yourself that you can do it later. After five minutes, you can feel that you don’t need it anymore.
– Use smaller plates when you eat. It conditions your mind that you are not starving yourself.
– Foods that takes you to eat longer are more satisfying that those you can eat easily. For example, eating chicken with bones can make you busy than munching boneless ones or same amount of corn in a cob seems like more than the cut ones.
– To remove excess grease or fat from your cooked food, prepare it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. The grease will rise on top and it’s easier to take off when it’s in solid form before reheating.
– Non-fat or low-fat yogurt is a good substitute to artificial dessert toppings, whipped cream, or butter cream icing.
– Don’t eat in between meals. But if you can’t live without it, make sure that you eat healthy snacks under 100 calories.
– Substitute soda, artificial fruit juices, energy drinks, and other sugary beverages with water. The habit is also good for the kidneys.
– When dressing your salads, use low-fat or non-fat dressings. Kalamansi and lemon juice are also recommended.
– Dairy products such as cheese, yogurt, and milk, are hard to resist but make sure that they are low fat. The fewer the fat content, the less calories. You can also substitute cow’s milk with almond or soya milk which is very high in protein.
The above-mentioned tips are not intimidating. They are very easy to understand and accomplish. Pursuing a healthy lifestyle is a good habit to keep yourself from getting the most common and complicated diseases and disorders. Getting back to your normal body weight and having a fit body can give you more confidence and inspiration to continue. Start changing your lifestyle now and never give up when you’re in it!