With the theme, “Filipino Nurses: A Voice to Lead, Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals”, the PNA (Philippine Nurses Association, Inc.) will hold its 2nd Summer Conference on May 12, 2017 at Century Park Hotel, Manila.
Throughout these past years, the nursing profession has been in a position that rallies against the exploitation and training in many health care institutions without or under minimum wage salary. In the name of volunteerism and/or the guise of training them through non-accredited training programs, they are given workloads with the full responsibilities of an employed staff nurse without being compensated or given any form of benefits or employer protection.
The PNA believes that nurses deserve just and equal benefits that commensurate the services they provide to their clients/patients. They deserve more than what they receive and be recognized for their unconditional and outright work in providing holistic care and wellness to all the people not only in our country but also around the world.
Despite the struggles to uplift the value of our nurses in terms of how they should be compensated with the services they provide, the PNA still continues to reinforce our nurses through its programs to strengthen leadership, improve the quality of services it offers to the people, and provide updated health care techniques and be globally competitive.
This year’s IND and conference aims to encourage our nurses to LEAD, to INSPIRE others to take on the SDG’s challenge, to INFORM 2nd Summer Conference colleagues, government and the public to leverage nursing knowledge, and to CELEBRATE the work that nurses do every day to achieve better health for all people.
The scientific conference will discuss the following topics which can be credited for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) units:
- Authentic Nurse…The Authentic Leader
- Governance Challenges Crucial in the Implementation of Health-Related SGDs
- Creating Joy, Meaningful, and Safer Health Care: The Heart in the Art and the Conscience in the Science of Nursing
- Building a Culture of Ethical Practice
To register, fill up the registration form and together with the scanned copy of bank deposit receipt, send it via email to email@example.com on or before May 7, 2017.
- Early Bird (Now – April 16) – P1,800 (Member), P2,000 (Non-Member)
- Pre-Registration (April 17 – May 7) – P2,000 (Member), P2,200 (Non-Member)
- On-site (May 8 – 12) – P2,200 (Member), P2,400 (Non-Member)
Payments can be made thru:
- Account Name: Philippine Nurses Association, Inc.
- Current Account Number: 003061-0869-26
- Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands – Taft Ave. Branch