Global beauty app developer Meitu, Inc. (SEHK:1357), a leading mobile internet company with its apps activated on more than 1.1 billion unique devices, recently announced the launch of a collection of exclusive virtual makeup looks created by Zawachin, one of the most talented Japanese makeup artists. Zawachin’s five unique makeup looks are available for virtual try-on through Meitu’s MakeupPlus app globally.
“Zawachin,” also known as “Monomane (imitation) Makeup Fantasista,” is the first Japanese makeup artist to go viral for her realistic imitation makeup of celebrities, singers, models. Zawachin has created more than 200 imitation makeup looks of celebrities that include Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and One Direction. Makeup lovers around the world can now virtually try on five of her spring and summer makeup looks exclusively available through Meitu’s MakeupPlus app
Zawachin’s exclusive spring and summer MakeUpPlus collection is inspired by a mix of sparkle and shine, Japanese pop culture and traditional culture:
- Mermaid – Bright turquoise and tangerine eyes with a bright, poppy lip bring together all the hottest summer color trends
- Zawachin – A uniqye, metallic tribal design to unlead your inner bohemian beauty!
- Kawaii – Bring out our inner anime with this classic, Kawaii style.
- Sakura – Inspired by the cherry blossom, the Sakura look dresses your face in blossom petals and dried flowers to celebrate the sweetness of spring.
- Shine – Take glitter tears to a galactic level! Bring some sparkle to your summer with silver star tears!
The collaboration with MakeupPlus began with Zawachin’s blog post in summer 2016 about the popular virtual makeup try-on app:
“Hottest app now: MakeupPlus! This app is so fun! So any different types of makeup styles! I would love to collaborate, something like – MakeupPlus x Imitation makeup,” said Zawachin in her Ameba blog in May 2016. “This app is so entertaining, and also great for learning how to do your makeup.”
With Meitu’s free MakeupPlus app, users can give themselves a full virtual makeover – from lipstick, foundation and eyelashes, to eye and hair color, faux freckles and glitter – straight from their smartphone. MakeupPlus’ advanced proprietary facial recognition maps each user’s unique facial features to offer the most precise and natural virtual makeup application. Users can also connect with the MakeupPlus community to share and discover tips, tricks and new products to learn how to bring their favorite looks to life.
Some of the most popular MakeupPlus features include:
- A Virtual Makeover in Seconds – Have fun with a variety of makeover styles and discover your signature look! The virtual beauty counter is fully stocked with endless options to create a completely customized look or try on expertly-created looks by artists like Zawachin.
- Ultimate Beauty Guide – Watch exclusive video makeup tutorials by some of your favorite makeup artists and bring virtual looks to life. Connect with the MakeupPlus community to share and discover tips, tricks and new products in order to improve your personal beauty and makeup routine.
- Real Time Virtual Makeovers – Use your front-facing camera to try virtual makeup on in real time! Scroll and tap through different makeup styles to see what you’ll look like before you take your selfie!
- Retouching Tools – Enhance your complexion, perfect your skin tone, and sculpt your face with our easy retouching tools to give your selfie a polished, finishing touch.
- Multi-Face Recognition Technology – Use MakeupPlus for your group photos to give all of your friends an instant virtual makeover!
- Save Your Favorite Looks – Download, save and organize all your favorite MakeupPlus looks so that you can easily find and use them whenever you want!
Download MakeupPlus and try on Zawachin’s makeup looks here.
Users are encouraged to show off their virtual or real-life Zawachin look and hashtag #ZawachinLook on social media.