“Your hair is a statement of style,
an affirmation of beauty,
and an expression of self-love.”
– Ademolla Mandella
Indeed throughout the centuries, the fascination of men to hair has been found its way on different parts of the world. It was even captured in children’s bed time tales such as the story of Rapunzel and her golden long hair. The trademark images of distinctive figures in history were known for their unique way of presenting their hair fashion. Take for example the rock star hair locks of Jesus of Nazareth, the hair and beard of King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, Queen Cleopatra of Egypt, the top knot style of the noble samurai warriors of Japan, President Donald Trump of the United States to name a few have all distinctive hair styles which became their trademark. Be it yesterday or today or the future, the fascination of man to hair would and will always be a source of constant innovation and experimentation. Knowing the essentials in basic hair care can go a long way, making your crowning glory a source of your confidence and fulfillment. Here they are:
- Put a small amount of shampoo on your palm and lather it with a few drops of water for a few seconds. Make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying shampoo because hair is vulnerable to stretching and breaking. Massage it gently and slowly onto your hair for at least a minute or until your feel that dirt and grease are totally detached from the hair strands and scalp. Rinse it with cold water to seal in the moisture in the hair shafts.. Repeat if necessary.
- Applying conditioner on your hair, whether an in-shower or leave-on, makes it softer, smoother, and protected from the harsh elements of nature and styling.
- Bend over and brush your scalp and hair from back to front until your scalp tingles. After that, massage your scalp with your fingertips to distribute the natural oils in your hair. Make sure that your hair is dry when you do this to avoid damaging it.
- There are a lot of anti-dandruff shampoos in the market to treat dandruff. First of all, you have to keep your hair always clean to avoid fungal infection that causes dandruff. Shampooing and washing your hair with water regularly keeps it from happening.
- Try the following treatment every two weeks when you suffer from flaky scalp. Section your hair and rub the scalp with a cotton pad saturated with plain rubbing alcohol. Let the alcohol dry, then brush your hair and rinse thoroughly with warm water but don’t shampoo.
- Towel-dry your hair thoroughly before using a blow dryer. You’ll save time and avoid damaging your hair with too much heat.
- Bend over and let your hair fall down while blow-drying. Blow-dry underneath layers dry first and it makes your hair bouncier and fuller.
- If you are not fond of applying hair styling aids on your curly hair, lightly mist your hair with fresh water and push the curls into place with your fingers to perk it up. A homemade or commercially-prepared sea salt spray can also tame the curls naturally.
- Poor diet and lack of sleep makes your hair dull, lifeless, and prone to falling quickly. Cut down on cholesterol and fats and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Wait at least 48 hours after coloring hair before shampooing. Wetting and washing your hair can open the cuticle so give your hair time to seal in color.
- Spraying sunscreen on your hair before sun exposure protects it from the harmful ultraviolet rays. It also protects color-treated hair from the sun’s color-altering effects.
- Hair sprays, gels, mousses, and other styling aids tend to build up over time despite regular shampooing and rinsing. To avoid this, you may use green papaya soap to remove the deep seeded grease on your hair without stripping essential oils.
Doing the above-mentioned hair care tips can surely make your crowning glory stand out!