How many Christmas parties and family gatherings have you attended last December? I bet you were guilty of eating more than you should. After all, we think everybody else was getting fat and we have a few more months before we are expected to have summer bodies. Aside from the Happy New Year facebook status this January, you have probably seen your friends posting the #balikalindog with a photo of them trying to get back in shape. Just in case you don’t know how to get back in shape after the holidays, here are 5 easy ways to get rid of extra weight you gained last December.
- Drink infused water. Infused water has become popular because of claims that it can help you lose weight. Instead of drinking soda, iced tea and powdered juice because you don’t like plain water, infused water tastes great and have zero or minimal calories.
2. Walk, jog or run. You don’t need to spend on gym membership to get fit. Instead of riding the tricycle from the subdivision gate to your house, why not walk on your way home? You’ll even save money. You can also jog or run around the neighborhood during weekends. If you can do it every day, you’ll be rewarded sooner.
3. Eat breakfast. Did you know that eating breakfast can help you lose weight? People who skip breakfast tend to go on a binge during lunch or dinner. If you skip breakfast, you’d feel starved by mid- morning. You’ll probably munch on junk foods and have no appetite for lunch. You’ll get hungry again by mid-afternoon and snack on unhealthy food craving. Then come dinner time, you’ll eat a lot to make up for the skipped meals.
4. Say NO to upsized value meals. It would be awesome if you can avoid fast food and takeouts but if you can’t help it, just avoid upsizing your meals. Extra large french fries, soda and a big burger mean thousands of calories to burn.
5. Sleep well. Lack of sleep has an effect on your appetite. A hormone called leptin responsible for regulating the appetite may be disrupted when you are sleep deprived. People who also sleep less have the tendency to eat more. They indulge on coffee, sugary food and high fat food to keep them awake.
Getting fit is all about embracing a healthy lifestyle. Start your #balikalindog program by following our tips and your friends will notice how much you’ve changed in such a short period of time.