Some of us grew up with the goodness and deliciousness of Welch’s. And in many countries Welch’s has been providing families with products that bring a happy balance of goodness and deliciousness in their drinks. Unknown to some, fruit juice especially those made from 100 percent fruit juice can contribute to the dietary energy requirements of our body.
Dietary energy is required in the body for metabolic and other processes and it can only be released from food. In a recent study, it was revealed that there is an increasing percentage of Filipino households that do not fulfill their dietary energy requirements. Despite our goals for a healthy lifestyle, it looks like we are not eating the right food.
In the Food Consumption Survey conducted by the Food and Nutrition Research Institute of the Department of Science and Technology in 2013, it was revealed that 69.3% of Filipinos surveyed did not fulfill their dietary energy requirements which is higher by 2.4% than the previous survey done in 2008.
Furthermore, the research also revealed that, Filipinos are only able to meet 39% of the daily 400 grams of fruits and vegetables suggested by the World Health Organization. With less of the important naturally occurring nutrients from fruits – such as polyphenols from grapes that help the heart – individuals are exposed to risks of lifestyle diseases such as cardiovascular disorders.
Fortunately, there is good news to all of us as we can find convenient, nutritious and delicious ways to stay healthy that match our busy lifestyle. Yes, we can find it by drinking Welch’s 100% grape juice.
For 20 years, Welch’s invested in nutrition research to better understand the health benefits associated with the Concord grape and 100% grape juice. Welch’s takes pride that the grapes in their juice are grown by their very farmer families who knows that what’s good for them is specifically good for you too.
So, what makes Welch’s good for you and your family?
- The Concord grapes that makes up Welch’s is grown on small farms and sweetened by sunshine. They’re pressed whole within 8 hours of being picked for that fresh and delicious flavor that can only be Welch’s.
- There are 2 servings of fruit in every glass of Welch’s.
- Welch’s 100% grape juice is a healthy complement to whole fruits.
- Welch’s 100% grape juice hicarry essential vitamins and minerals needed by the body to function well and prevent many chronic diseases.
- An 8 ounces of Welch’s 100% grape juice can actually provide you with more polyphenols than eating grapes.
- There’s more than a decade’s worth of research which suggests that 100% grape juice can help support a healthy heart.
- Welch’s 100% grape juice has no added sugar and uses naturally occurring fruit sugars.
The brand Welch’s has been trusted for 140 years and there’s no better advocate for better nutritional choice for Filipino families than Welch’s, Welch’s provides a wide range of healthy juice products that are refreshing to the palate and good for the body in the long term.